What’s the Bear Week’s programme about, in general?
- Events at terrace bars, pubs, sex clubs (!) and pools, including the official accommodation.
- Themed parties and “Mr Bear Gran Canaria” party at Yumbo Centre’s main venues. Everyone gets a costume or at least a hat, so don’t be shy!
- Pirate Boat Cruise. Imagine hundreds of bears and friends dressed in disguise, partying… on huge catamaran and floating disco, sailing along the coast!
- Excursions to see the jaw-dropping interior landscapes of Gran Canaria, colonial towns and even archaeological sites!
- Social events: sometimes you get to know other guys better in smaller events. These will range from a luxury spa to a speed dating party just for bears and admirers!
See the complete schedule.
Please note that our Bear Camp (August) is becoming a separate event from the Bear Week (March-April). This is taking effect in 2019.
Is this just for bears? Will I fit in?
Most events have a scrict men-only policy at the door, but once inside, the atmosphere is very laid back. Bear Carnival is for bears, friends and admirers. Even if some international bear events seem to cater for specific bear “sub-types”, such as musclebears or daddy bears, it’s not our case. Our surveys show the most appreciated trait of Bear Carnival (and Gran Canaria in general) is the complete lack of attitude. Trust us, no one feels excluded because of his body or age in here. There are so many social events (biggest bear social programme in Europe, actually) that it’s nearly impossible not to fit in and meet new friends. Finally, please don’t compare yourself with the guys on our photo galleries: they only show a tiny portion of the attendees.
How many guys do attend?
1.200 new visitors (that is, on top of our huge local community) attended Bear Carnival 2017. This is an estimate based on Growlr activity. We use their paid metrics to constantly track the number of newly arrived profiles to Maspalomas. Then we multiply the results for Growlr’s usage percentage according to our own yearly polls. And voilà!
I don’t like carnivals!
Come anyway! The programme is 9 days-long! There are nearly 30 events to choose from, and none of the parties has a costume dresscode.
So I don’t have to wear a fancy dress… But what if I want to?
Well, you will be very welcome with your favourite uniform or costume on, especially on both weekends. The suggested theme for Bear Carnival 2019 is “the vikings”, so any leather or a countryside outfit would do it: checkered shirt, jeans, maybe a hat or a toy helmet… Anyway, accessories (and full costumes if you’re really up to that) will be available for purchase at discounted prices at our official fancy dress shop: Party Party, in Tirajana Avenue (Aloe Apartments, just a 5 mins walk fom Yumbo Centre).
Do you have any doubt?
Please contact us.