CanCanaria is a local active tourism company mainly catered for gay visitors. They are proud to partner with Maspalomas Bear Carnival 2023 to bring you a selection of amazing excursions, designed with you in mind.
Official Bear Carnival tours
Exclusive for bear week attendees
- 21st March. Bears and Wine. Expect an afternoon of amazing home cooked food, live music and of course lots of wine in this vineyard tour. Out team is excited to invite you on a tour of Bodega Los Lirios, situated within the stunning landscape of the Bandama Volcano, just south of Las Palmas. This family-run vineyard has maintained wine production for over a Century and produces some of the best traditional Canarian Wines of the Archipelago. After the tour the real fun begins, don’t think standing around smelling wine, we intend to enjoy this amazing wine, accompanied by local food and live music. This experience is more like going to a favourite restaurant, with great company and spectacular views.
- 23th March. Bears and Coffee. You probably didn’t know Gran Canaria is home to the only coffee plantations in Europe. Now you can take a deep dive into the exotic Agaete Valley and tour a family-run finca producing a soft, handcrafed, gourmet-quality coffee… and sample their produce too, of course! There should be time to explore the fishing villages and dramatic scenery of the North-Western coast of the island.
Non-exclusive excursions during the bear week:
- 20th March. The Red Canyon Tour. Travel back in time to discover the history and stories of those who originally inhabited the island, explore the historic center of Santa Lacia de Tiraiana and the ancient worship place of La Fortaleza. Enjoy a gentle walk into a palm tree lined oasis, taste KM0 products, then finish your day with a relaxing swim on a small local beach.
- 22nd March. The Rainforest Tour. Explore the lush Doramas Forest, home of one of the last strongholds of Laurislva Trees in Europe. A short hike into the greenest part of the Island presents you with the opportunity to swim in natural pools and waterfalls, followed by a visit to an exotic eco-farm to taste local products, finishing your day by the coast for a swim in a hidden cove.
- 23rd March. The Volcano Heart Tour. Experience sunset on the plains of an ancient volcano, while enjoying local products in the spectacle of ‘the sea of clouds’. This tour takes you on a journey to explore and enjoy the spectacular panoramic view that are the heart of Gran Canaria, allowing you to cross numerous ravines, volcanic calderas, gigantic rock falls, several rural villages and takes you to a realization that Gran Canaria is much more than a beach.
- 26th March. YIP Yacht Experience. Let your Captain take you on a full day sailing experience along the south coast of the island, while you relax, enjoy the sun with a drink in your hand. Seven hours of luxury including two meals, drinks and transfers.