New dates are confirmed: March 12-21, 2021
Information on upcoming events. Updated on July 10, 2020.
On July 8th, the World Tourism Organization has declared the Canary Islands as a ‘especially safe’ destination. Even when social distancing will be with us for some time to come, this endorsement motivates Bear Carnival to move forward. As a result, we wanted to share the following decisions with our community:
March 2021 dates are confirmed (Friday 12 to Sunday 21). We are developing a provisional programme that meets the current event guidelines. It will include:
- Daytime: beach gathering, brunch, boat trip, water park and island tour.
- Evening: spa and receptions with shows
- Night time: terrace bars with tables with shows and contests.
This minimum programme will be expanded according to circumstances, to resemble the original one as much as possible. For this reason, the programme for March 2021 will be available online, instead of our usual printed version. The carnival theme will not change (Greeks and Romans).
- August 2020 (bear weekend): Gran Canaria is open, safe and ready to welcome you. However we do not feel it is the right time to hold large gatherings. This means we will not produce an official programme for August 2020. However if you have planned to holiday here this Summer, an informal, outdoor social can be arranged, given enough interest. Please tell us about your preferences using this form. You can also check out the current official guidelines for travelers to the Canary Islands.
- Ticket money for events in 2020 or 2021 finally not taking place in any way will be refunded, of course. VIP advantages will still apply and pre-booked official T-shirts will be available for collection.